Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Surgery evening

God is SO good!  This afternoon and evening has gone really well!  We've taken a few very short walks today and I had a wonderful organic chicken dinner w/basmati rice and veggies with no problems.  I was also allowed to take a shower tonight (they NEVER let you do that) so it felt awesome to wash off the antiseptic that I was painted with as well as all of the sticky residue from monitoring equipment, tape, etc.  But the best part is it's 10pm and I have hardly any pain!  I haven't taken any pain pills yet (most of the narcotic types make me sick, sick, sick so I've held off) and I'm thrilled to think that I might not have to!  We'll see how tomorrow goes as the day after and 2 days after surgery are usually the hardest, pain-wise.  But I really shouldn't be surprised as I specifically prayed for minimal pain and God always gets us through!  Yay God!  I am just so thankful that He got me through the rough night last night and then this morning!  I was really ragged emotionally but God totally held me.  He didn't choose to take away the emotions but He carried me through the pain of them.  God is SO good!

So, we will be off to bed tonight and then tomorrow we'll be off to the airport around 11am.  The scheduling department made sure to alert our airline that we will need assistance all the way to the gate so we are really hoping for lower stress tomorrow, despite the fact that everyone else will also be traveling.  I'm not allowed to carry anything other than maybe my purse so thankfully, we'll be getting the help we need through the airport.  Please pray for everything to go smoothly and us to get home safely.  Thanks again everyone for all of your encouragement and prayers!  What a HUGE difference they made today and last night.  We love you guys and love that we get to walk this journey with you!  See you tomorrow, Colorado!  :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment