Monday, November 21, 2011

Day 8

Today has been mostly about resting in God's arms and trusting Him to get me through tomorrow.  My devotion this morning was, "THANK ME THROUGHOUT THIS DAY for My Presence and My Peace.  These are gifts of supernatural proportions.  Ever since the resurrection, I have comforted My followers with these Messages: Peace be with you, and I am with you always.  Listen as I offer you My Peace and Presence in full measure.  The best way to receive these glorious gifts is to thank Me for them.  It is impossible to spend too much time thanking and praising Me.  I created you first and foremost to glorify Me.  Thanksgiving and praise put you in proper relationship with Me, opening the way for My riches to flow into you.  As you thank Me for My Presence and Peace, you appropriate My richest gifts."

I just want to go to sleep tonight feeling God's peace and presence and wake up tomorrow the same.  I want to be able to walk into surgery and come out of surgery feeling at peace and feeling His presence.  We've both had a relatively mellow day and yet we're both absolutely exhausted right now.  I feel like we've been fighting all day to try and stay in God's presence, fighting to not jump too far ahead of God.  Funny how sometimes we have to fight for peace.  Fight against the fear and the doubts.  As much as I've felt so thankful in this process, right now I would give just about anything to NOT have cancer or surgery and to have our lives back to the way they were.   I miss my girls, my dogs and my home and I miss our routine.  I'm again reminded of my devotional that God gave to me before I even had an inkling that today would be a rough day.  So despite how I feel right now, I'm going to trust that the peace and presence that I so desperately need are there.  God, thank you that you never with hold your presence from us and that you are ALWAYS with us.

No comments:

Post a Comment