Friday, November 18, 2011

Day 5

Wow - hard to believe this is only day 5!  It feels like an eternity since we've last been home.  We have never been away from Jasmine for more than a few hours and Lily only 1-2 days, max.  We sure are missing them and missing home!  Today was a relatively easy day.  We had a couple more admin things to nail down and then had my procedure after lunch to drain the cyst in my left breast.  They will hopefully have the pathology results back by Monday so we can verify that everything on that side is benign.  All went really well with that and I am now 5 hours later having no pain so Yay God!

They were able to get us a room at CTCA so we're excited to move there tomorrow after lunch.  The Comfort Suites has really been great but it'll be nice to not have to coordinate w/the shuttle to get back and forth to CTCA.  We're especially excited because this will allow us to be right on site for right before and after my surgery on Tuesday.  That will definitely make things much easier for us.  Other than that, our schedule will be completely free until Tuesday.  We found out that CTCA has free laundry facilities (including soap) for us to use so we're excited to not have to wash any more things in the sink!  ;-)

We are hoping to hook up w/one of the Chaplains, Nick, before my surgery on Tuesday.  We were told that he is a prayer warrior and are looking forward to having him pray for us before the surgery.  He will also be a part of the rotation during my recovery so I'm looking forward to having him pray again after surgery.  Thank you all for praying as well.  We have no idea how God will choose to heal me but are hoping that He will turn this tumor into something benign so that further conventional treatments won't be necessary.  But we continue to lay our will down before His.

This morning God reminded me that I need to not jump too far ahead of Him and to let Him fill me with His peace, so I'm trying to do that.  My devotional today said, "COME TO ME, and rest in My Peace.  My Face is shining upon you, in rays of Peace transcending understanding.  Instead of trying to figure things out yourself, you can relax in the Presence of the One who knows everything.  As you lean on Me in trusting dependence, you feel peaceful and complete.  This is how I designed you to live: in close communion with Me.  When you are around other people, you tend to cater to their expectations - real or imagined.  You feel enslaved to pleasing them, and your awareness of My Presence grows dim.  Your efforts to win their approval eventually exhausts you.  You offer these people dry crumbs rather than the living water of My Spirit flowing through you.  This is not My way for you!  Stay in touch with Me, even during your busiest moments.  Let My Spirit give you words of grace as you live in the Light of My Peace."  May each of you experience this peace in whatever you may be struggling with as well.  God is faithful down to the tiniest of details!  We love you all and thank you for continuing to pray on our behalf!

No comments:

Post a Comment