Sunday, November 20, 2011

Saturday - Day 6

Yesterday, we got the opportunity after breakfast, to move from our hotel over here to CTCA.  Boy, it sure feels nice to not have to coordinate everything around the shuttle schedules!  The rooms are a really great size w/2 very comfortable double beds, an apartment sized fridge and a microwave, a huge closet and bathroom and a table and 2 chairs.  We were able to take our laundry to the free laundry facilities just down the hall and get everything washed.  Thank God for that as I've had a few shirts that have started walking around on their own.  It was time!  ;-)

We've also been starting to get to know some of the other patients here and have met a sweet (& feisty) older man, named Jessie.  He has been battling stage IV lung cancer for 2 years and will be here at this facility until just before Christmas.  We've been starting to share our meals with him and had the opportunity to pray with him yesterday.  If you think about it, please pray for his healing and that he would accept Jesus as his savior.  Pray for opportunities to share with him and for his eyes to be opened to how much God loves him.

We also got a chance to take a couple of much needed walks yesterday.  They have a nice sized gym on site, however, we have to sign a bunch of paperwork to use it so walking has been our only real source of exercise.   While we were walking yesterday, we were speculating on how God will heal me and depending on that, how will the staff choose to treat me.  When I forget to give that stuff to God, I do get a little anxious wondering what my treatment plan will look like and how will it affect my body, etc.  So we got home and here was our devotional for the day, "LEAVE OUTCOMES UP TO ME.  Follow Me wherever I lead, without worrying about how it will all turn out.  Think of your life as an adventure, with Me as your Guide and Companion.  Live in the now, concentrating on staying in step with Me.  When our path leads to a cliff, be willing to climb it with My help.   When we come to a resting place, take time to be refreshed in My Presence.  Enjoy the rhythm of life lived close to Me.  You already know the ultimate destination of your journey: your entrance into heaven.  So keep your focus on the path just before you, leaving outcomes up to Me."

I know, right?!  Amazing how God knows what we need even before we need it!  We need to leave the outcomes of my surgery & treatment to Him.  I don't want to be so focused on the end result that I miss the journey and adventure in between!  Oh yeah, I'll be marinating on that one for a while.  Thanks so much for your continued prayers.  We love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment