Sunday, November 20, 2011

Day 7

This morning after breakfast, we decided to try and watch our church's service live online and I'm so glad that we were able to!   They sang one of my favorite songs called "This I Know."   It reminds me that I KNOW that God is a great God and that He is Lord over all things....including my cancer.  It reminds me that He has already brought us through some tough things and given us beauty for our ashes and healing for our broken hearts.  One of the verses shared this morning before the message was Philippians 4:6, "Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God."  She mentioned how she had been convicted of not being thankful for the blessings God had given her and she said, "Even if everything is taken away, Jesus Christ being crucified is enough."  He IS enough and everything in the world combined isn't enough if He isn't part of the equation.  My healing by itself means nothing if I don't have God!  I'm just so thankful that I don't have to go through this without Him and the wonderful friends and family that God has put around us.  God is so good!

Well, only 2 more days until my surgery and 3 until we hopefully leave to head home.  Please continue to pray that everything will go as smoothly as possible so that we are able to travel home on Wednesday.  Continue to pray with me that, if it's God's will, my tumor would turn benign and that there would be no cancer in the lymph nodes.  We will praise God no matter what He chooses to do but I'm also praying for everything to go smoothly w/the anesthesia so that I'm not too sick afterwards.   Thanks so much for praying with us in this!  Please continue to pray for strength for my parents who are taking care of our girls and our girls that everything would continue to go smoothly.  Thank you all for being such prayer warriors!  You are making a difference in our family with your prayers and we so appreciate you.  I'll update more tomorrow but just wanted to share that our God is enough!  All of these details that I ask prayer for...He has already answered.  I DO know that God is a great God.

No comments:

Post a Comment