Thursday, December 8, 2011

Narrowed perceptions

Oh, had I only gotten in my quiet time yesterday!  Perhaps then I wouldn't have felt so discouraged as I did, focusing on the small things instead of focusing on the largeness and hugeness (yup, they're words now) of God.  "I AM WITH YOU IN ALL THAT YOU DO, even in the most menial task.  I am always aware of you, concerned with every detail of your life.  Nothing escapes My notice - not even the number of hairs on your head.  However, your awareness of My Presence falters and flickers; as a result, your life experience feels fragmented.  When your focus is broad enough to include Me in your thoughts, you feel safe and complete.  When your perception narrows so that problems or details fill your consciousness, you feel empty and incomplete.  Learn to look steadily at Me in all your moments and all your circumstances.  Though the world is unstable and in flux, you can experience continuity through your uninterrupted awareness of My Presence.  Fix your gaze on what is unseen, even as the visible world parades before your eyes."  (Jesus Calling)

I forgot yesterday that God is in and loves the tiniest details of our lives...that includes how I'm going to get things done, cooking, cleaning, saving for a blender, etc.  When I cried out to Him yesterday, He totally came through.  I was able to get some organic gf pumpkin flaxseed pancakes made for the next few days as well as a huge bowl of organic salad, as well as several smoothies.  Then I got to work on my laundry as well as do some de-cluttering of my kitchen, cleaned 1 of the bathrooms, in between which I shuttled Lily back and forth to school and did a couple errands.  Last night after some yummy organic fish taco leftovers, after baths and the girls went to bed, we mostly finished our Christmas decorating.  God sure does have unendless energy, doesn't He?!  He comes through when we call.  I loved it when my devotional said, "I AM WITH YOU IN ALL THAT YOU DO, even in the most menial task."  That was so true yesterday.  God is so good!

The latest update with my search for the right person or people is that I'm meeting with a Dr. Frahm tomorrow morning.  He's written a number of books (2 of which I've been reading) and recently came out w/a book called "The Breast Cancer Pattern."  He's local, a naturopathic doctor as well as master herbalist and He's a christian to boot!  Please pray for wisdom and discernment as I meet w/him tomorrow.  His specialty is working w/cancer patients so even though insurance doesn't cover him, he may be exactly what we're looking and praying for....someone with a plan! 

And, for those of you praying for me yesterday, thank you so much!  Not only did your prayers make a difference but they really helped get me through a tough day.  AND I even sold 1 of my craigslist items!  Yay God! 

For those of you looking for a way to help us, now is the time!  My journey is not over yet, even though I've chosen not to do chemo or radiation.  My body is still healing from surgery and so my strength varies from day to day, especially considering the added stress I'm dealing with.  We could use help w/meals, cleaning, or even childcare for a date night here and there.  There is a link to the left of this blog to a meal site - you can get further instructions/information there.  Enter "Young" and the password "8788" and it should pop you to our info.  Thank you so much for walking through this journey with us!

1 comment:

  1. http://www.aholyexperience.com/2011/12/when-you-wonder-if-you-disappoint/ I wanted to send this to you today, but I was at work and couldn't remember your email address. It really spoke to me today. I love you and am praying for you, for strength, for courage and for the ability to live in the moment, as well as the material and physical blessings I so want for you.

    ReplyDelete