Friday, December 9, 2011

Life out on a limb

Gosh, I love God's timing!  I've read my devotional a few times today just chuckling to myself and wondering how He does it.  How does He ALWAYS know just what we need when we need it?!  Well, yes, He is THE God of the universe so I suppose that makes sense but just think about the details.  How, with billions of people on the planet, does He inspire someone to write something that hits someone else PERFECTLY on the day or days they happen to read it?  And that's just me...what about all of the other people that read this book on perfect days and times specific to them?  How DOES He do it?

Well, here's today's devotional and tell me how perfect this is, "BE WILLING to go out on a limb with Me.  If that is where I am leading you, it is the safest place to be.  Your desire to live a risk-free life is a form of unbelief.  Your longing to live close to Me is at odds with your attempts to minimize risk.  You are approaching a crossroads in your journey.  In order to follow Me wholeheartedly, you must relinquish your tendency to play it safe.  Let Me lead you step by step through this day.  If your primary focus is on Me, you can walk along perilous paths without being afraid.  Eventually, you will learn to relax and enjoy the adventure of our journey together.  As long as you stay close to Me, My sovereign presence protects you wherever you go."  (Jesus Calling)  I KNOW!!!!  As I've been getting closer to this appt. w/Dr. Frahm, I've been starting to feel like we're at a new crossroads.  I can turn back to the conventional or I need to really move forward w/the alternative treatments.  Or at a deeper level, will I follow God out on what feels like a very precarious little limb and go against conventional medicine or do I disobey and stick w/what feels safer but maybe really isn't because God isn't in it (in my case)?  I think we'll be sticking with where God wants us.  We might be hanging on for dear life, but I'd much rather be right in the middle of His will for me than anywhere else.

Today was another busy day.  We had Jasmine's IEP meeting for preschool today, which I had to leave early to head over to my appt. Dr. Frahm.  So his role will be this, to get my body back into balance so that it can do what it was meant to do.  If we don't correct why I got cancer, then it will come back no matter what I do.  So he tested a number of areas and recommended quite a few supplements for the next 30 days.  We'll meet back up after that and he'll retest and see where I'm at.  Not surprisingly my liver, colon, thyroid, stomach, ovaries and my adrenals were all pretty out of wack (I'm sure it's a medical term).  Step 1.  I'm continuing to pray for an MD or DO who can do bloodwork and monitor my tumor markers.

Thank you all for your continued encouragement and prayers on our behalf.  Praise God for His Presence and His interruptions that lead us through the most amazing adventures.

No comments:

Post a Comment