Monday, September 9, 2013

Impossible Possible

Well, yesterday we got what felt like a huge punch in the gut and it knocked the wind out of both of us.  Right before church no less, which, turned out to be a good thing because we got to go and worship God anyway.  We received word that this job we had been praying about had been offered and accepted by another candidate.  For me, it was hard to try and praise God even though I was reeling inside.  "Why, if God didn't want us to go this route, didn't He just tell us that as we had been seeking Him on this every day/multiple times a day for weeks?  Why have us waste our time and energy on this job?  Why not just tell us no and that's the end of it?  How could we have been so wrong?"  These and many other questions were what was going through my head off and on all day yesterday.  It wasn't pretty. 

But, here's what I do know.  I know my God loves me and loves my family.  (John 3:16) He has promised to prosper us and not to harm us and He has promised hope and a future for us.  (Jeremiah 29:11-13) He has promised that nothing can separate us from His love (Romans 8:31-39).  He has told us that if we are not impatient for Him to act and travel steadily along His path, He will honor us and give us the land (Ps 37:34).  He has told us that in times of trouble, He will respond to our cry.  That He will keep us safe from all harm.  That He will send us help from His sanctuary and strengthen us from Jerusalem.  That He remembers our gifts and burnt offerings and they are pleasing to Him.  That He will grant our heart's desire and fulfill all our plans and that WE will shout for joy when God gives us the victory! (Ps 20:1-5)

So, that's what I'm standing on today.  Just as He raised Lazarus from the dead after 4 days, He can resurrect this job, if that's His will.  If not, then He has something else for us.  Either way, we know that our God is an awesome God and that He is worthy of all of our praise.  Friends, what else do we have but Him?!

One of my favorite songs is "Impossible Possible" by Jared Anderson.  I'll wrap this up with the lyrics.  "Come all you weary ones
Come all you thirsty sons
Come to the water
The Water that never runs dry

Come all you crooked thieves
Cast your cares and believe
He is the water
The water that never runs drive

Jesus makes the impossible possible
Jesus makes the incapable more than able
If you call He will answer
If you seek you will find
He is the water
The water that never runs dry

Come all you tattered saints
Double minded and afraid
Come to the water
The water that never runs dry

Come all you broken down
Put your feet on His solid ground
Receive the water,the water that never runs dry

Jesus makes the impossible possible
Jesus makes the incapable more than able
If you call He will answer
If you seek you will find
He is the water
The water that never runs dry

Taste and see, come and drink of the water
He is all that we need (x2)
He is all that we need"

2 comments:

  1. The story isn't over yet, my friend. Remember when Abraham was told to sacrifice his son? God himself provided the lamb. So as you sacrifice your hopes and dreams and plans to his, you do not know what he has in store. We know his ways are best, his plans are better, but he does not need to share them with us. Be strong and courageous. It is God who goes before you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The biggest struggle as you & I have talked is staying focused on the journey, not the circumstances and not the outcome. I had my own moment yesterday of feeling injustice and righteous anger, my God blessed me with prayer that night for peace and His justice. He will give you peace too my friend. You encourage me in your stand for listening and being obedient even if it does not make sense. Thank you for that and for believing in my own "stand". I love you dear friend!

      Delete